Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

And so it begins... I decided to write this blog some time ago, and yet here it has sat, empty and sad for months on end. It is hard to be brave and take the first step. It is hard to select a topic, a theme, an introduction to myself. What isn't hard, is the wine.

Oh Wine, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.. I love your crimson color streaming through my glass. I love the slight pop a cork makes when being pulled from the bottle by my captain's knife. I love matching your flavors to my meal, or my mood, and I love the ELATION that comes with finding a scrumptious bottle for under $15!

There was a time that wine wasn't about the price tag. Let's call it PKR. PKR I had a job. A real job. The kind that lets you shop, eat out, and drink wine. PKR I knew everything, did everything, and was unstoppable. In other words, I was young and stupid. I lived my life to the fullest, and I have no regrets. It was fun, and educational, and luscious...

Now? Now I take care of my kids, work 2 part time jobs, have become an above average cook, and have learned to appreciate wine. Wait, I did that before. The difference is that now I can appreciate a $50 Chateauneuf du Pape, and a $12 Zinfandel. Now, I realize that I still have so much to learn.

That is what is in this blog. Consider it a documentary of my re-education...


One deadly Zin at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment