Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

There is nothing I like better than being a mom.  That statement will either make you love me or hate me.  If you had told me, even 15 years ago the level of joy that motherhood would bring to my life, I would have laughed in your face.  I had no intentions of getting married.  Oh and kids?  Well they were a far off... maybe. 

For me the highlight reel of motherhood is filled with moments of growth.  There is nothing more amazing than watching my girls develop the skills and traits that will turn them into Badass Women.  That is exactly what the world needs more of: unabashed, strong, beautiful women.

And while baking may not seem to go hand and hand with that ideal, I assure you it does. 
Anything that we learn. 
Anything that makes us more confident. 
Anything that we do independently. 
Anything that we conquer (Attila the Hun started somewhere). 
              Those things. 
                        Those things form the women we become.

That said, I give you Karen Ray and the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
This was her first solo baking endeavor.  I did nothing. 
(Well other than take pictures.)

Ancient family secret:
An ice cream scoop makes perfect cookies and whoopie pies.

This is one of my favorite "tells".  Whenever she is really concentrating, she cocks her foot to one side.  So freaking cute!

Proud moment with her finished product!  Where's mine?

If you would like the recipe for these amazing whoopie pies, you can find them under Pilgrim Pies on the Family Fun website (or just click the link.  I did all the work for you.).

These whoopie pies are delicious!  They are perfect for fall.  In fact, they make a great addition to the Thanksgiving dessert display. 

As for the girl...well she's pretty amazing in her own right. 

I can't wait to see the woman she becomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment