Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WOMP

Getting back into the swing of things.

This is our first week with Tim and I both working.  It means we have had to redistribute some household duties.  While it has been more hectic, I have to say... I prefer it this way.  I know it sounds crazy, but I love the crazy.  The more scheduled I am, the better I function.  I get more accomplished when there aren't enough hours in the day, than I do if I have a weeks vacation.  It could be because when I'm on vacation I like to spend all of my time drinking margaritas with my toes scrunched in the sand.  Or it could be that I thrive under pressure.  Truthfully? It's probably both!

Anyway, for what it is worth, I give you:

What's On My Plate - AGAIN!

Wednesday - Great night - Terrible Picture
We had friends over for dinner and made this.  I know it looks terrible.  I mean the camera takes awful pictures, but this Charlie?  You're really going to post this on your blog?!
 Thursday - The Goose had 3 dinners.  It was our first Thursday with an additional activity thrown in, and boy did it kick our butts! She had a bagel with peanut butter and a banana at 4pm.  Then she went to dance.  Then she had a Ham and Cheese Sandwich on her way from dance to jump rope.  Then she walked in the door at 8:10pm and ask me what was for dinner.  Dear lord.  Looks like I better stock up for Thursday nights!

Friday - We celebrated the end of Tim's first full week of employment.  We had Blood Orange Margaritas, and I made...
Chicken and Mushroom Queso Fundido Enchiladas
Saturday: The Goose had a friend over, and we cleaned out the garage.  Which meant that by the time we figured out that we had small people to feed, pasta was for dinner!
Mine is the one on the right.  I love pesto!
Sunday: The Oscars!  We celebrated with a platter of delicious goodness to be consumed while watching.  Have I mentioned how fun it is to live on the West Coast?  This was the first year that The Goose could watch with us, because they started at 5pm.  They gave out the award for Best Picture (Yeah!  The King's Speech!), and it wasn't cutting into Letterman.  Weird.

Lemon Ciabatta, Strawberries, Saint Andre, Chicken and Apple Sausage
 Monday- I've been wanting to do noodles for some time now.  Last night was the night!  It was so incredibly easy and delicious we will be making this quite often.
Udon noodles, with shitake mushrooms, bok choy, green onions, carrots, and yellow bell peppers.
So there you have it! Another week bites the dust.  I am loving the accountability that comes with posting my pictures each week!  Keeps me honest and on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment