Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Oh There You Are Peter!"

Have you ever seen the movie Hook? Robin Williams plays a grown up Peter Pan who has lost sight of what is most important in life... family. All of that changes when his kids are kidnapped by Captain Hook. Peter goes to NeverLand to rescue his kids. Before he can do that he has to find himself.

My favorite scene is Peter trying to convince the Lost Boys to help him save his kids. Why would they help this grown man? A man who bore no visible resemblance to the boy they knew. A boy who had sworn to never grow up.

And then, in that moment, that moment when everything seems hopeless, the smallest of the Lost Boys walks up to Peter...
And that my friends is how I spent my summer vacation.

 For the month of August I made time for friends, activities, and most importantly, my family. I savored experiences and made memories to carry me through the return to school and schedules.

After a whirlwind romance, I fell in love with Summer.

And now September walks among us, and two weeks in I have realized I love it too. I love the crisp evenings, perfect for a sweatshirt and jeans. I love the return of schedules, activities, and routines. I love balance after a Summer of freedom.

And I love my blog!

This week I will be posting an end of summer salad, a delicious and healthy muffin recipe for Back to School mornings, and a refreshing end of summer white wine with a glass cork!

Welcome home my blog friends. I've missed you!

ps. If you've never seen the movie Hook, I highly recommend it. You can get it through Amazon, or pick it up at Target for $5. Family movie night anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment