Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Monday, May 17, 2010

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

In the last month (ish) I have quit my job, quit my other job, got my house ready for the market, put my house on the market, sold my house and am overseeing a renovation on my new house which is... 3000 miles away!  Can you say, Holy Crap Batman?!

My life is changing.  I am moving home to San Diego.  I have lived away since 1992, and while I have enjoyed each and every place that my life has taken me, I am very excited about ending up where I began!  HOME!

So for the next few months this blog may contain more than just wine and food goodies, because my life contains more than just wine and food!  ... Wait, did I just say that?  That must have been the crazy talking...  But seriously, I don't want to put this endeavor on hold while I sort through this exciting, wonderful, STRESSFUL time in my life.  So I will write about both.

This evening I will leave you with two great finds:

Sterling
Vintner's Collection
Meritage
2008
$12.99 (sounded more expensive than that, didn't it!)
It is  a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, and Cabernet Franc
It is delcious.  Full mouth feel, big, robust, bursting with flavor.  This would be a really delicious wine to pair with a steak on the grill, maybe a little asparagus... oh and mushroom risotto.  Definitely mushroom risotto!

Which leads me to item #2.  I went out last night with some of my very favorite neighborhood ladies.  We had amazing pedicures, and dinner after.  I think I found a new favorite polish color.  It is called Mrs. O'Leary's Barbecue by OPI. 

Just look how well it matches my wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment