Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Monday, October 4, 2010

New leaf. New tree. New me.

I am starting a remodel this month. 

No, not the house.

This is a life remodel.  I have gotten in to some bad habits, and it is time to correct them.  That said, there are some things I have been wanting to do that keep getting pushed to the back burner.  Time to dust them off and as my sister would say, "Get a wiggle on it." 

It takes 21 days to make something a habit.  That means that by the end of the month, I should be a lean, mean, organized machine...

Here's my Life Remodel Plan:
1.  Blog.  Everyday except Saturday.  I want to sharpen my skills, and the only way to do that is by using them more regularly.
2.  Exercise.  4 days a week.  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.  I want to look better, but more importantly, I want to feel better.
3.  Eat healthy.  All right... I know I'm a vegetarian and I already eat a lot of healthy things, but I also make a lot of terrible choices.  Step away from the Cheez-Its, Charlie, and nobody gets hurt!
4.  Organize my cr- I mean stuff.  I have yet to finish the organizational part of moving into a new house.  Before holiday season is upon me, I need to get my house/act/life together.
5.  Read.  To be honest, I had quit reading very much because I was too vain to get glasses.  I didn't want to admit that at 37 years old, my eyes weren't what they used to be.  I have them now, which takes me to my last item.
6.  Wear my freakin' glasses.  It is time to quit being vain, and start being practical.  While my eyesight isn't terrible, the glasses make a big difference.   I have always thought of myself as no-nonsense.  It is time to apply that principal to my vanity.  Being 37 is better than the alternative!

If you want to join in the remodel, leave your list in the comments section.  I'll post my progress on Mondays and you can too.  Together we can raise our spirits, and our tushes... not that mine needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment