Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I don't think I've met a Barolo, I didn't like.

We had it last night with Eggplant Bolognese.

Tonight, with Polenta cakes smothered in spinach, mushrooms, and heirloom tomatoes.

In both cases, it held it's own.
Barolo
La Loggia
2005
$14.99
(and worth it)
Trader Joe's

This was delicious.  My immediate reaction was to buy 2 more, so I did.  One to drink, and one to put down. 

Then I read the back.  Boy I wish I did that first, "Note for wine collectors:  This wine will improve with long aging." 

I am going back to Trader Joe's tomorrow.

Also, "Suitable with game, roast beef, pasta with TRUFFLES AND RICH CHEESE."  No, they didn't actually write that part in bold.  That was an error on  their part, as it is THE ONLY PART THAT MATTERS!

Guess what you're making this weekend, honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment