Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time to find a new Farmer's Market

So remember when I started this new, Fresh Food Wednesday item for my blog?  Remember how excited, and nerdy I was?  Remember how I promised you amazing, fresh recipes from the ingredients that I bought at the Farmer's Market on Tuesday?  Well, that was before I realized that our local Farmer's Market carries the exact same items each week. 

In their defense, it is a small market.  But this is week 3 of our attendence and there hasn't been one new fruit, vegetable, animal, or mineral to be found! 

So in this weeks addition of Fresh Food Wednesday I have two things to offer you.

1.  How to spoil your dinner.



Vanilla Quark
I know I already featured the Garlic Quark, but the Vanilla takes it to a whole new level.  There are pieces of fresh vanilla beans in the quark.    It is like a smoother version of ricotta.  Almost like a creamy goat, but without the bite.  We went through 2lbs of strawberries and a tub of Spring Hill Vanilla Quark while I was making dinner.  I am pretty sure it was better than whatever I made (Especially since I can't remember what that was.).  If you don't live near a farmers market that carries Spring Hill Cheese, you can buy it on their website: http://www.springhillcheese.com/

2.  We are trying a new Farmer's Market on Saturday morning.  Which means I hope to have new fun things for you next Wednesday!

Until then...eat cheese!

2 comments:

  1. I love cheese of any kind so this sounds very interesting!

    AND, OMG, I love your blog header!!!! I don't know if I have never actually focused in on it or if it's new, but it is so cleverly done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I love it too! My daughter Erin made the header for me. I'm rather partial to it, and to her!

    ReplyDelete