Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boston Creme Cupcakes

I am a firm believer in not over thinking things. Karen Ray wanted to bring Boston Creme Cupcakes to school for her birthday, and she wanted them to be Gluten Free. One of her dearest friends has Celiac's and Karen Ray wanted her friend to be able to have the same treat that the rest of the class was having, instead of being singled out for having something different.

Those are the parenting moments that I cherish.

Back to the cupcakes. I have to admit that Gluten Free baking is intimidating to me. While I am quite comfortable making substitutions and cooking a Gluten Free dinner, I do not have that same confidence when it comes to baking. Probably because baking is such a science. One small mistake, and the results can be disastrous to your dessert.

So I opted to create them out of products readily available at the store, and which I knew to be Gluten Free. Why recreate the wheel?
Jello Sugarfree Vanilla Instant Pudding, Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix, and Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Frosting.

Karen Ray and Ashlyn were the chefs for this creation.
Following the package directions, they whipped up a batch of cupcakes.


Hot out of the oven, golden, and looking delicious!

After they cooled, the girls cut a circle in the middle of each cupcake. The size hole is up to you.
Just remember: Bigger whole=more filling. Smaller hole=less filling.

Set aside the pieces you cut out of the cupcakes.
Make the pudding according to the package directions. Spoon into cupcakes. Trim a little bit off the pieces of cupcake you had set aside and replace on top of filling in the cupcakes.
Frost with Chocolate Fudge Frosting.

I know I have said it before...
WHAT A DIFFERENCE PIPING YOUR FROSTING MAKES!

So cute, and scrumptious!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment