Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Monday, April 11, 2011

What's On My Plate

Notes for this week:


I am trying to make the Spring Pappardelle again. It slipped through the cracks this week, but the picture on Cooking Light looks so good, that I just have to try to get it made. Plus it has morels. Enough said.


You might be wondering what the Empty Bowls event is on Thursday night. According to their website, "Empty Bowls is an international grassroots effort to fight hunger and was created by The Imagine Render Group. The basic premise is simple: Potters and other craftspeople, educators and others work with the community to create handcrafted bowls. Guests are invited to a simple meal of soup and bread. In exchange for a cash donation, guests are asked to keep a bowl as a reminder of all the empty bowls in the world. The money raised is donated to an organization working to end hunger and food insecurity." I am blown away by the concept. The High School in my town is hosting the event. The bowls were crafted by students. It should be a spectacular evening! To learn more or to find an event near you, visit The Empty Bowls Website.


I think that is all. If you have a menu planned and you would like to post it here, you can do it two ways. 1. Post your picture on your blog and link to it below. or 2. Join the What's On My Plate Flikr Group and post it there and then link to it below.


Let me know if you have any trouble.  Oh and if you have any killer recipes we should all try, leave them in the comments.


P.S. I am including a goal for myself in the note section of my pad. Maybe if it is staring me in the fact, I will actually do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment