Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Night Wine

I love Pinot Noir as a Friday night wine.  By the time Friday night is here, I want an easy dinner, a glass of wine, and maybe a movie on the couch with my favorite people.  For me, Friday night is all about ease.  That is also how I think of Pinot Noir.

However, tonight I'm not drinking Pinot Noir. (pulled a fast one on you right there.)  Tonight I am drinking Cline Cashmere.  The Cashmere is a blend of Mourvedre, Grenache, and Syrah.  To describe this wine as smooth would be doing it an injustice.  It is supple, easy, lustrous, and effortless.  Just like Friday night.

The Cline website describes it thusly, "As rare as the goats in the Gobi Desert, this silky rich blend is a special treat."   Who wouldn't want a wine compared to goats?  Seriously. 

And finally, if you are still thinking of going in another direction for your Friday night wine, I offer you this jewel of delicious information.  Cline sponsors The Breast Cancer Network of Strength - Ride to Empower.  That is why the Cashmere has a Pink Ribbon on the label.  I love companies that are vested in the world around them!

The Breast Cancer Network of Strength provides support for Breast Cancer patients.  They have many, many services that they offer, but what makes them different is that all of their services are provided by Breast Cancer Survivors! 

So there you have it.  A tremendous Friday Night Wine, provided by an exceptional winery, who supports an incredible organization.  Just a little feel good for your Friday night!

Cashmere
Cline Cellars
A blend of Mourvedre, Grenache, and Syrah
Listed on their website at $21.99
I purchased mine at World Market for $12.99.
(Gotta love a bargain!)

No comments:

Post a Comment