Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Charlie's Life List

I have been thinking about New Year's Resolutions lately.  Exercise more, eat healthy, lose weight, spend more time reading/less time watching tv... you know the drill.  The problem is that I'm not very good at resolutions.  My will power and motivation last less than the one month average most people maintain their resolutions.  There are many reasons for this.  Some of which are: I like the way I eat now, and I like to drink wine.  I guess, much like Popeye, I yam what I yam.

So I'm taking a new approach this year.  I am starting a Life List.  Not a bucket list, because I don't really want to plan on dying, but a list of things that I want to do in my life.  There are adventures, skills, and opportunities to give back.  Some of them involve healthy living, which is a great life goal all on it's own.

For now the list is 37 items.  Generated for my years on this earth so far, and because I was reaching to come up with more.  The 37 here are valid and true, and that seemed like a logical place to stop.  That said, I reserve the right to add to it and edit it, as I see fit.  It is my life after all!   

Charlie's Life List:
1.  Build a well. 2.  Learn to speak 3 languages (conversationally), other than English.  Spanish, French, American Sign Language. 3.  Hike Angel Falls in Venezuela. 4.  Complete my Grandmother's book.  5.  Race in the Camp Pendleton Mud Run.  6.  Buy and drink a bottle of Opus One. 7.  Hike the Mayan ruins. 8.  Make my own bedding for my room.  Quilt, Shams, Pillows, Dog beds. 9.  Tithe. 10.  Drive cross country. 11.  Visit all 58 National Parks. 12.  Learn to make pasta.  13.  Go back to France.  14.  Attend the Olympic Games.  15.  Learn to Swing Dance.  16.  Volunteer abroad.  17.  Volunteer at home.  18.  Hike to the top of a Volcano.  19.  Go Whitewater Rafting.  20.  Learn to knit.  21.  Knit a sweater.  22.  Learn to do a Back Handspring.  23.  Spend a romantic weekend in San Francisco.  24.  Improve my piano playing to be able to sightread proficiently.  25.  Sing Karaoke in a bar.  26.  Soak in a natural hot spring.  27.  Run a 10k.  28.  Fly on a Trapeze.  29.  Make my own tortillas.  30.  Design this freakin' blog.  31.  Visit Monique in Australia.  32.  Texas-OU.  33.  Snow Shoe.  34.  Hike Mt. Marcy. 35.  Financial Independence.  36.  See Alaska  37.  Kiss my Grand Babies.

So there you have it.  It may not be much, but just looking at it makes me want to get started!

Oh, and if you have a list, or you just want to share a few goals leave it in the comments. 

Share your dreams, they might inspire someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment