Sometimes I have thought about what to open that night before 8am...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Seem to be on an Italian Wine Kick

Which is not my fault this time.  Do you remember that Chateauneuf du Pape I found at Trader Joe's for $9.99?  And it was delicious?  Well, last week I came around the corner at Trader Joe's, and on that same end cap... was this!
Ruffino Il Ducale
Toscana
80% Sangiovese, with a littler Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
$9.99 at Trader Joe's
This is another score in the under $10 ballpark.  It is luscious.  Lots of fruit up front, but it has depth too.  I looked it up online and I swear that it is because of the oak aging.  There is a complexity of flavors that you don't usually get at this price point.

The wines on that end cap don't last long though, so if you are interested... GET ON IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment